Cough & Sore Throat
Relief from cough, aches and pains, fever, and sore throat.Ages 4-11 years
Use only as directed.
A Tip From Dr. T
Does your kid have a severe sore throat? Oy, it could be strep throat. Keep an eye out for red and swollen tonsils and painful swallowing – two other signs of strep throat. Your doctor can perform a test to know for sure.
Join us on Facebook for more tips from Dr. T.
- minor aches and pains
- minor sore throat pain
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold
- temporarily reduces fever
Active ingredients (in each 5 mL, 1 teaspoonful)
Dextromethorphan HBr160 mg
5 mgPain reliever/fever reducer
- each teaspoonful contains: sodium 3 mg
- contains no aspirin
- store at controlled room temperature 20°-25°C (68°-77°F). Protect from light.
- close cap tightly
Inactive ingredientsanhydrous citric acid, calcium sulfate, carrageenan, D&C red no. 33, edetate disodium, FD&C red no. 40, flavor, glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, polysorbate 80, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution, sucralose, tribasic sodium phosphate, xanthan gum
Questions or comments?
- temporarily relieves:
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use
- do not give more than directed
- shake well before use
- may be given every 4 hours, while symptoms persist. Do not give more than 5 doses in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor.
- use enclosed dosing cup only. Keep for use with this product only.
Do not use any other dosing device.
Dosechildren under 4 years of age
children 4 to under 6 years of age
children 6 to under 12 years of agedo not use
1 teaspoonful (5 mL)
2 teaspoonfuls (10 mL)
WarningsAllergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes
- skin reddening
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
Do not use
- in a child under 4 years of age
- if your child is allergic to acetaminophen
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease) or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child’s prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
Ask a doctor before use if the child has
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if the child is taking the blood-thinning drug warfarin
- liver disease
- chronic cough that lasts, or as occurs with asthma
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
When using this product do not exceed recommended dosage
Stop use and ask a doctor if
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.